"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough"
~ Mae West

My other blog, strictly about my horse, is www.deardiesel.blogspot.com

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Product Review: ORLY French Manicure Polish

As a rule, I have very nice fingernails. I'll thank genetics for that, and I don't have to do much to keep them nice. Recently, I decided I wanted to start giving myself a French manicure every week.

So I stopped at my local Sally Beauty Supply store, and picked up a french manicure pink & a french tip white. Both are made my ORLY. 

It was working out very well, I'm reasonably close to ambidextrous so they always turned out nice. However, after a few weeks of doing this my nails started splitting and falling apart. I suspect that the enamel in the nail polish was so hard that when it started to chip and peel, it was taking my nails with it. See Below:

Clearly, this is not going to work out. I've stopped using the polish and I'm working on restoring my nails to their previous condition.. Moral of the story: shop carefully, my friends.

No comments: