"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough"
~ Mae West

My other blog, strictly about my horse, is www.deardiesel.blogspot.com

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Erica's Famous Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip

I am not the type to "toot my own horn" but I can not explain to you the amount of compliments I have gotten on this dish and how many people have asked for this recipe. There are several versions of this around the internet but if you want the best recipe you need to go right to the source - in this case, someone from Buffalo! So enjoy :)


Ingredients



1 brick of cream cheese
10 - 12 oz sour cream
1 large can white chunk chicken or 1 & 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup Franks Red Hot sauce
Tortilla Chips [or whatever you want to dip in it]

1] Soften cream cheese in microwave; 30 seconds, stir & another 30 seconds should do it.


2] Add sour cream and mix until it is reasonably consistent


3] Open can of chicken, drain out juices. Stir chicken in can until it is 'frayed' out into small pieces. It should look like this when its done:


It is easiest to pour out the can into a separate bowl and use a fork to fluff it, I just do it right out of the can because I have had a ton of practice..

4] Add in chicken and stir until it is reasonably consistent

5] Add cheese and stir until it is reasonably consistent


6] Add hot sauce, *TO TASTE*, and mix until it is consistent in color


I actually don't measure the hot sauce, I tried to give you a ballpark guess, but I just judge on taste.


7] I use tin foil disposable trays because once this gets baked it is very difficult to wash, however you can use any oven safe dish. These below are 3" x 6" x 2" small loaf pans.


8] Sprinkle some cheese across the top & bake in oven at 325F for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted

*I prefer to bake the dip, stir it, let it cool in the fridge, then reheat it, because it thickens & I like it better than way*

And the final reason that this is the best recipe ever, because it can be done without dirtying a ton of dishes



ENJOY! & let me know your thoughts!

No comments: