"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough"
~ Mae West

My other blog, strictly about my horse, is www.deardiesel.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Chopped!

If you are not sure the of the show I am referring to, check it out: here!

I used to be obsessed with show, and I still consider myself a super fan - but I must tell you I am very cautious about watching it lately. On the two previous episodes the contestants were given live animals in their baskets, and I just am not into watching them die on a stove. The lobsters were dropped into boiling water and the baby squids were put into a searing hot buttered pan ....

I realize they have to die to be eaten, but I don't really want to watch a close up view of them squirming trying to escape. Out of sight out of mind I suppose; it just makes me wonder where this trend is taking us. Is someday a live chicken going to pop out of the basket? Let's hope not.

While waiting to see where this issue goes, I can still be inspired by the fabulously strange dishes that the Chopped contestants whip out, and aspire to someday make such delicious things for my family.

No comments: