"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough"
~ Mae West

My other blog, strictly about my horse, is www.deardiesel.blogspot.com

Saturday, March 29, 2014

In Review: Mulberry Italian Ristorante

My fiancé took me to Mulberry's Italian Ristorante for my 24th birthday this past weekend. YUM!

I would never complain about going back, but I am still on the hunt for an Italian restaurant that is as good as Little Italy, in NYC. Here's what we ordered & my comments.

7up & RC cola - good, if anyone drinks a lot of pop like me, you know that this matters.

Stuffed mushrooms - I don't eat mushrooms, but Joe liked them!

House salads - the house Italian dressing, which is home made, was GREAT. Joe wasn't a super fan of the roasted tomato, but he doesn't love tomato so I'm not entirely sure why he ordered that in the first place.

Chicken Parmesan - Very good! The portion of chicken was more than plenty, I ate it for dinner that night & for two meals after that. I would have enjoyed some more pasta with it, the pasta noodles were delicious and I ran out while eating my leftovers and that made me sad. In general, I prefer a sweeter sauce as opposed to an strong tomato based one, which is what Mulberry's features. It was good, no if's and's or but's there - but I tend to favor the sweeter sauces.

Frutti di Mare - Spicy! The flavors were good, but it was too strong for me to eat. I tried a small bite off his plate, and that was enough for me. He enjoyed, as he likes spicy, but he did admit it would have featured the flavor of the meal a bit better if the hotness level of the dish was toned down a bit.

No dessert for us, because we were stuffed, but all their options sounded delicious!

I encourage you to go there, but I strongly recommend making reservations. It's not a huge place, and its quite popular, so call ahead and make reservations.

Also, from what I've heard - we missed out by not ordering THE MEATBALL. It's legendary, but from the size of it, I knew I would be full before my Chicken Parm came, so we passed. However, next time it is alllll mine!

No comments: