"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough"
~ Mae West

My other blog, strictly about my horse, is www.deardiesel.blogspot.com

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

In review: River Valley Inn

The River Valley Inn is a small locally owned restaurant in Lyons Falls, NY. The restaurant is nestled just behind the Tug Hill Plateau between Lowville and Boonville, off Rt. 26.

This was my first visit, February 18, and it was fantastic. My dad and step-mom are super fans and they promote the restaurant a lot through their website, Camp Pol-Cat. Of course, with Dad at the wheel, he drove us down their for dinner.

My step-mother warned me as I was reading the menu and I quote, "I've never had a disappointing dish from here." She also mentioned that the portion sizes are more than adequate and boy was she right! I ordered the Chicken Parmesan, over pasta & I've had two meals just from the leftovers!! My dad ordered the Chicken Wellington, which he has before and wanted more of. My step-mom got the Shrimp & Scallop stuffed Sole, which was pretty tasty too! [I snagged a bite!]

The restaurant has a very homey feel, and although you might wait a little bit longer for you food than you would at a chain restaurant, it is well worth it! Very very nice place! No complaints from us!

No comments: